Friday, July 1, 2011

Taxicab WIPs

We're in the home stretch as far as the new WWG storefront is concerned, so it's going to be crunch time for me between now and launch. Before I fall off the radar, however, I wanted to leave you guys a little update to tide you over while I'm scarce.

My current spare time project is a taxicab. I also plan to do patrol car and regular sedan variants.





I didn't get to spend much time on it because I've been busy with work stuff, so it took a while to get to the point where there was something to show. It still needs door handles and some other details that I haven't gotten around to doing yet.

Ignore the goofy medallion number--I use the characters '9' and 'M' as quickie placeholders because they're the widest number and letter pair, which makes figuring out font sizes and lettering dimensions a snap because any other series of characters will fit within the same space. I'm going to be using Photoshop's data-driven graphics functionality to create several different versions of the same skin with different medallion numbers later on.